Bronx Irish Soccer League
The Bronx Irish Soccer League was founded in the 1980′s by a group of Irish emigrants in the Bronx. The League has played on various fields around the Bronx but has made the Parade Grounds in Van Cortlandt Park its home for roughly the last 15 years. The league now consists of a women’s division fielding eight teams. The season runs year round with a spring and fall schedule and games are played on Saturday mornings. If you are interested in joining the Bronx Irish Soccer League, please submit your information via our contact form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All teams are to have a copy of their roster on-hand to indicate who played that game, as well as to note goals scored and any cautions issued.
- Captains are to wear armbands to identify themselves.
- No jewelry is allowed, and in accordance with park regulations, no new cleats are permitted (players are strongly encouraged to wear turf shoes).
- Any games that do not start on time will be shortened accordingly.
- For field conditions call the Van Cortlandt Park Service Hotline: (718) 430-1862.