WAIVER, ASSUMPTION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF
RISKS AND INDEMNITY AND
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Distributed to all participants of the Bronx Irish Soccer League
THIS DOCUMENT WAIVES IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Bronx Irish Soccer League (referred to herein as the “BISL”), its related events and/or activities, including but not limited to games, scrimmages, clinics, and tournaments, I hereby agree and certify as follows:
- I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in a contact sport that might result in serious injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, severe social and economic losses due to not only my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also due to the actions, inactions, or negligence of others or conditions of the field/facility or of any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. These risks may include, but are not limited to the nature of the activity; latent or apparent defects or conditions in the field/facility or equipment used; acts of other BISL participants, referees or coaches; my own physical condition, acts or omissions; and first aid emergency treatment or other services.
- I agree that prior to participating, I will inspect the field/facility and equipment to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise the referee, if applicable, and refuse to participate. Further, if I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I expressly agree and freely promise to accept and assume all the risks, both known and unknown, existing in participating in the BISL. My participating in the BISL is purely voluntary and I elect, in spite of the risks, to participate. I assume all the forgoing risks, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasees or others, and accept personal responsibility for the damages following any injury.
- I hereby certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in the BISL or alternatively I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety in participating in the BISL, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- On behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, next of kin, and/or personal representatives, I hereby voluntarily release, waive, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BISL and its directors, officers, officials, employees, volunteers, agents, sponsors, coaches, former, present and future team captains, other BISL participants, and owners, operators and/or lessors of premises used by the BISL (together “BISL Releasees”), from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands or causes of action for any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the BISL Releasees or otherwise, which are in any way connected with my participation in the BISL or my use of fields/facilities and/or equipment for participation in the BISL, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I agree to pay all costs and attorney’s fees from any legal proceedings that I bring in connection with my participation in the BISL, as contrary to this Agreement, which are resolved in favor of BISL Releasees.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation and abide by the rules of the BISL, as amended. I understand that I am not permitted to wear jewelry that is removable and that I must securely tape any jewelry that is not removable. I understand the risks of wearing jewelry, even if such jewelry is securely taped, and I hold harmless the BISL Releasees, WSRO, and the VCP Parks Department in the event I and/or another player is injured as a result of wearing the aforementioned jewelry. Further, I agree to conduct myself courteously and in a sportsperson-like manner throughout all aspects of participation in the BISL. I understand that if I engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or improper or dangerous behavior, the BISL Committee has the authority to permanently or temporarily restrict my participation in the BISL. I understand and agree that the BISL Committee has the sole discretion to determine what constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct or improper or dangerous behavior.
- I agree that New York state law governs this Agreement and that any action under this Agreement shall be brought only in the courts of Bronx County, New York.
- I agree that if any part of this Agreement shall be found invalid that the remaining parts of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- I agree that this waiver shall remain in effect until I provide a written revocation notice to the BISL. Such written revocation notice must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be effective on the date received by the BISL. I understand that if I revoke this waiver, I will not be permitted to participate in the BISL.
No information submitted will be shared beyond the BISL.